Improve your German through reading
- Pick up new words and structures without effort
- Learn in a brain-friendly way
- Interesting and engaging stories for your level
- Natural dialogues
- Easy-to-follow narratives
- Learn about German culture as part of the story
- Vocabulary help and grammar hints included
- Comprehension exercises at the end of each chapter
- Available as paperbacks, kindle ebooks, PDFs or audio books
What are graded readers and why should you use them?
Graded readers are books for language learners, either a selection of short stories or a novel. They are written with a limited grammatical and lexical complexity and avoid too many different characters and a plot which consists of multiple layers.
Graded readers may be adaptions of well-known books or completely new stories. Learning German through stories is one of the most enjoyable and efficient ways of improving your German skills. Language students who read a lot also write and understand better than those who just work with textbooks. You’ll pick up new vocabulary without even noticing it and quickly boost your language skills.
Reading in your target language German is not only fun but will also improve your writing, listening and speaking skills. Find out more about the advantages of reading in this article.
Did you know that there's a huge difference between written and spoken German? Find out which grammatical structures will always cause you problems unless you read a lot.